Here is a list of some of the work we have been doing. Some projects I have already posted photos and information, especially the bathroom floor replacements.
At Mom's house, we changed out the security camera recorder to support more cameras and replacement of a camera that had failed along with some adjustments of cameras.
At the Lakehouse, we have changed the exterior hot water heater cover to a door. It may seem like a small change but It had always been difficult to work with as it had to be held and unscrewed from the wall at the same time. Now it is much easier to open and close.
Next was the big project by adding a water faucet to the planters and cleaning, leveling and replacing the rock.
First all the rock was moved and sifted to remove sand. This was stored in half a dozen 55 gallon plastic garbage cans.
The concrete pad was expanded by several feet to allow for the pergola to be installed.
A ditch was dug around the concrete pad to run a water line to the planter boxes.
PVC pipe was laid and connected to the water. The in-ground box was exchanged for a larger box and a cutoff and drain was added to allow winterizing the Lakehouse. Gravel was added to catch the water.
Once the ditches were covered the dirt was leveled, sheet plastic barrier laid down, and gravel replaced. That was a lot of work.
It was exhausting but I think it was worth it.
More work was done to the back porch. The railing was installed, power plug, and light to help illuminate a table once purchased.
Well the Purgala is up and the Porch is finished.
We are a couple who have started on a new adventure...