Five years ago the sale of the farm was completed and we moved fulltime into an RV. Wow so much has happened over the last 5 years. It was very difficult at first and we have learned several lessons.
1. A home is who you live with and not an address.
2. We found we can live very well in under 300 square feet.
3. It is possible to "lose" something in under 300 square feet.
3. We had lots of things that were far less important than we thought. In the process of downsizing we found items we did not even remember owning.
4. Multi use items are more important than items that only have one purpose. From the tool chest to the kitchen cabinet and drawer it is better that something be useful in many ways than for only one purpose.
5. We found that not having space to keep things freed us from wanting to buying what we did not really need. Our rule is that if we buy something then it replaces something else. Buy a shirt then discard one....
6. Instead of buying and collecting things, we have no room for, we instead spend our money on making memories and visiting family.
Leave a Reply.
We are a couple who have started on a new adventure...