I needed to dig a ditch to fix a problem at the park. We did not have water at the 5th wheel. Up till this project, we had been using several long garden hoses bringing water from the lake house next door. When the sun was out and warm, we found that we did not need to run hot water in the shower. The cold was more than hot enough until the hoses had been flushed of the heated water.
The exact location of the water pipe was not known. I had to dig a 10 foot long and 3 foot deep ditch before I found that the pipe was almost 4 feet deep. The ditch went right over the pipe but just not quite deep enough. Here it is considered normal to have water pipes over 3 feet below the surface. Due to the cold weather in winter, pipes need to be deeper than I was used to finding. Once I found the pipes, I filled in the other parts of the ditch and expanded the area to make work possible.
Finished! We now have a water connection at the 5th wheel just below ground in a water access box.
Soon we will finish the front porch and I will post pictures before and after on that project.
We are a couple who have started on a new adventure...